Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Just Read

Untitled. On our stay at Phnom Penh, we visited their Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum. I was excited at first because I was expecting to see their different sides of their culture, but upon entry of the museum,well, it was different. 

 

Well, I can't tell to you the whole history of Cambodia but what will I share to you is that, they experienced dictatorship from a man named, Pol Pot. And according to my research almost 8 million died because of his policies.
The museum was an old school. My aunt said it was the exact prison where Pol Pot placed all of the families and other prisoners. 


This is the bed of the prisoners and the metal thingy their is like the lock that is attached to their foot.

NO SMILING, I guess. When you're in their, you can't really smile because you will the ambiance of sadness, sorrow and everything! ang bigat niya sa puso. AS IN.


READ from 1 - 10. 


And because smiling is not allowed and you can't really smile because of the ambiance. Here we are.


This is their prison. The class room were turned as a prison jail. If you can see, there's still a blackboard at the end of the prison. The feeling inside was so creepy. You can't stay inside long because you will really feel the sorrow and the past of the place.





I didn't post too much picture because I don't want you my readers to feel the uneasiness of the place.
Just search about the history of Cambodia and discover it yourself. HAHA :)



Hope you enjoyed! I hope so. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment